Ford Mach 1 electric performance SUV to arrive in 2022
While we in India are just a few days away for the launch of Ford Freestyle, the Figo based crossover, Ford global has made an announcement of an all-new electric SUV called the Mach 1. The Ford Mach 1 electric SUV is expected to arrive in 2022 and is believed to have a driving range of close to 483km in one full charge. The upcoming SUV might be manufactured at the Flat Rock, Michigan plant.
The announcement came before the 2018 Detroit Motor Show where Ford also showcased the new F-150 diesel truck. In a teaser video that the company has released, one can see a Ford Mustang enter an old facility along with a Ford Explorer which means that the upcoming Ford Mach 1 SUV will sport the best of performance without compromising on the practicality of a full size SUV.
The American car manufacturer is betting heavily on the electrification as it plans to electrify a host of its popular offerings. The company had allocated a budget of $4.5 billion that it intended to spend on the electrification of 13 vehicles that were to arrive by 2020. However, the same has now been increased to $11 billion that will be spent till 2022. The upcoming green portfolio of 40 electrified vehicles will consist of 16 all-electrics whereas the others will be a combination of hybrids and plug-in hybrids.
The automobile manufacturer presently offers the Focus as an EV. However, Ford is working on making an hybrid version of the F-150 truck for a 2020 debut. In addition to that, the iconic Mustang too will get an electric twin in the same year Ford is also developing an all-electric autonomous vehicle for commercial fleet operations, Transit Connect commercial van plug-in hybrid and two special purpose pursuit vehicles.
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign