Ford Mach 1 electric performance SUV to arrive in 2022
While we in India are just a few days away for the launch of Ford Freestyle, the Figo based crossover, Ford global has made an announcement of an all-new electric SUV called the Mach 1. The Ford Mach 1 electric SUV is expected to arrive in 2022 and is believed to have a driving range of close to 483km in one full charge. The upcoming SUV might be manufactured at the Flat Rock, Michigan plant.
The announcement came before the 2018 Detroit Motor Show where Ford also showcased the new F-150 diesel truck. In a teaser video that the company has released, one can see a Ford Mustang enter an old facility along with a Ford Explorer which means that the upcoming Ford Mach 1 SUV will sport the best of performance without compromising on the practicality of a full size SUV.
The American car manufacturer is betting heavily on the electrification as it plans to electrify a host of its popular offerings. The company had allocated a budget of $4.5 billion that it intended to spend on the electrification of 13 vehicles that were to arrive by 2020. However, the same has now been increased to $11 billion that will be spent till 2022. The upcoming green portfolio of 40 electrified vehicles will consist of 16 all-electrics whereas the others will be a combination of hybrids and plug-in hybrids.
The automobile manufacturer presently offers the Focus as an EV. However, Ford is working on making an hybrid version of the F-150 truck for a 2020 debut. In addition to that, the iconic Mustang too will get an electric twin in the same year Ford is also developing an all-electric autonomous vehicle for commercial fleet operations, Transit Connect commercial van plug-in hybrid and two special purpose pursuit vehicles.
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app