Ford Mustang for NASCAR Cup series revealed
Ford Performance, the competition arm of the Ford Motor Company, has shed light on its new Cup series racer styled along the lines of the company's iconic pony car, the Ford Mustang.
This new car replaces the earlier cars which mimicked the styling of the Fusion sedan. Like other cars in this competition, the Mustang too has very little in common with the road GT 350 it looks like. The painted-on front fascia and overall styling are present mainly to establish a connection with viewers.
The Mustang has competed in top flight motorsport including other NASCAR events before in its more than 50-year production run. But this development marks the debut of the car in the top level NASCAR Cup series.
This development also comes at a time when the company has announced it will move away from traditional three-box sedans in North America. Given the popularity of NASCAR, this move seems like a good idea to start getting buyers to associate Ford with its other, more profitable models. The Mustang also recently celebrated crossing the ten million production mark.
Hau Thai-Tang, Ford's executive vice president, product development and purchasing said the Mustang has raced since it was first sold in 1964. He said that after this time, it felt great to finally let Mustang run in the top echelon of America's most popular stock car racing series.
The Ford Mustang will make it's NASCAR Cup series debut at the Daytona 500 on February 17th next year.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19