Ford Mustang is the best-selling sports coupe in the world for third year in a row
The Ford Mustang has earned the title of the best-selling sports coupe in the world. According to data from London-based information provider IHS Markit, Ford sold 125,809 units of the Ford Mustang in 2017. These cars were sold across 146 countries, with the majority of the sales coming from the US itself. 81,866 units of the Mustang were sold in the US, followed by China with 7,125 units, Germany (5,742), and the UK (2,211). Across Europe, the Ford Mustang managed to reach 13,100 units in sales, outselling its closest competitor, the Porsche 911.
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt edition
Other popular markets for the Ford Mustang included France (942 units), Belgium (900 units), and Sweden (512 units). Ford has so far exported 4,18,000 units of the Mustang since it began global exports from the US in 2015. The most popular engine choice amongst those sold is the 5-litre V8 which produces 405PS and 542Nm. Ford has also recently revealed a Ford Mustang Bullitt edition, paying homage to yesteryear film Bullitt in which Steve McQueen played the titular character and drove a 1969 Mustang fastback.
While India currently has the previous generation Mustang on sale, the latest-gen Ford Mustang is expected to be here soon.
Starts Rs 74.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- ReviewCitroen C5 Aircross first drive review
- News2019 Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition to be launched at Rs 5.17 lakh
- News2020 Tata Tigor facelift spotted testing again
- NewsINRC 2019: Mahindra Adventure and Gaurav Gill will compete in the remaining rounds of the national rally championship
- News2020 Volvo XC40 Recharge electric SUV unveiled