Ford reveals the 2018 Figo sedan for international markets
Ford has taken the wraps off the 2018 Ford Figo sedan facelift, a model that's made in India and for sale in international markets only. The Ford Figo Aspire is the sub-four metre version of Figo sedan and is expected to bear similar updates that you see on the car in these pictures.
The Figo sedan gets cosmetic tweaks that include a honeycomb grille, new bumper with Ford Freestyle type C-shaped recesses. Unlike the crossover hatchback, the sedan has chrome chrome strips outlining the recess. The fog lamps appear to be similar to the one's on the current car.
The rear end only gets subtle changes to the rear bumper. While the Figo Aspire has a thick strip of chrome across the bootlid, the Figo sedan is devoid of it.
These pictures are indicative of what the Figo Aspire facelift could look like. We also expect Ford to offer an S variant with sporty alloys, blacked out mirrors and stripes after launching the regular facelift model.
The 2018 Figo Aspire was recently snapped at a dealer's stockyard. A look into the interior revealed that the new Figo Aspire gets a dashboard that looks identical to the one in the recently launched Ford Freestyle. There's a floating, touchscreen infotainment system on the piano finish centre console that replaces a plethora of buttons. The Sync 3 infotainment system, from our experience in the new EcoSport and Freestyle, is one of the best in the segment when you consider factors such as touchscreen responsiveness and ease of use.
We also expect Ford to plonk in the new 1.2-litre, Dragon petrol motor that debuted in the new EcoSport. This three-cylinder unit produces class-leading, 96PS and 120Nm and will replace the existing 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol motor. Ford could also provide the 1.5-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol motor that develops 123PS and 150Nm in a special, S variant of the Figo and Figo Aspire, sometime in the future. Ford will continue to offer the same 1.5-litre TDCi diesel motor in the facelifted Figo and Figo Aspire as well.
Interior image source:
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.62 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil