Ford to showcase a new global concept car at Auto Expo 2014
The 12th New Delhi Auto Expo will be the venue for the unveiling of Ford's global concept vehicle. Based on a global design philosophy, this concept has been created specifically keeping in mind the needs of Indian costumers and other emerging markets.
This car will give us an idea about the design of future compact cars that are expected to come out of Ford's stable. This is very important as the compact car segment is the most competitive and has been outpacing the industry for the past decade taking up almost a third of total sales in 2013. Ford anticipates the sales of compact cars to double to nearly two million units by 2018.
Ford Ka concept
We believe that this concept is the same Ford KA concept which was unveiled at Brazil in November 2013. That car was revealed as a strong precursor to an all-new global compact car from Ford. Ford claimed that it had good fuel economy, a roomy interior with comfortable seating for five occupants, air conditioning and technologies such as a central docking station for mobile devices and SYNC.
Joe Hinrichs, president of The Americas for Ford Motor Company who was present during the unveil of the KA Concept in Brazil had then said, "It will delight consumers with its sleek design, clever technology, attention-to-detail quality and superb craftsmanship. It also shows the continued importance of our South American design and engineering capabilities to serve markets around the world. It's truly another global design and engineering milestone for Ford."
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018