Ford to showcase a new global concept car at Auto Expo 2014
The 12th New Delhi Auto Expo will be the venue for the unveiling of Ford's global concept vehicle. Based on a global design philosophy, this concept has been created specifically keeping in mind the needs of Indian costumers and other emerging markets.
This car will give us an idea about the design of future compact cars that are expected to come out of Ford's stable. This is very important as the compact car segment is the most competitive and has been outpacing the industry for the past decade taking up almost a third of total sales in 2013. Ford anticipates the sales of compact cars to double to nearly two million units by 2018.
Ford Ka concept
We believe that this concept is the same Ford KA concept which was unveiled at Brazil in November 2013. That car was revealed as a strong precursor to an all-new global compact car from Ford. Ford claimed that it had good fuel economy, a roomy interior with comfortable seating for five occupants, air conditioning and technologies such as a central docking station for mobile devices and SYNC.
Joe Hinrichs, president of The Americas for Ford Motor Company who was present during the unveil of the KA Concept in Brazil had then said, "It will delight consumers with its sleek design, clever technology, attention-to-detail quality and superb craftsmanship. It also shows the continued importance of our South American design and engineering capabilities to serve markets around the world. It's truly another global design and engineering milestone for Ford."
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India