Ford unveils the 2016 Mustang in India
Ford has revealed the new Mustang in India. The iconic muscle car which gained popularity over the years among the enthusiasts for its design and performance has finally entered India with a right hand drive configuration, a first since it was first launched 1964. The official launch of the new Mustang will happen later in the year.
The new generation Ford Mustang is clearly inspired by the retro classic original which rolled off the production line in the 60s. Named after the untamed American horse which is typically small with a light built, the Mustang has been the perfect subject for posters for many a fan. The new Mustang continues to stir hearts with its sharp headlights and a slender front grille. The circular headlights placed on the extreme ends of the grille gives it a resemblance to the original model.
The Mustang sold in the international markets comes with different engine specs, however, the Indian version will be powered by the 5.0-litre V8 that makes 420PS of power and 529Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The feature list in the Ford Mustang includes a Sync 3 infotainment system, automatic wipers, start/stop button and adaptive cruise control. In terms of safety, the Mustang comes equipped with BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) that uses radar to detect a vehicle located in the driver's blind spot and alerts occupants by activating an indicator in the appropriate exterior mirror.
"Throughout its long history, the Ford Mustang has been a symbol of optimism and confidence for people all over the world," said Nigel Harris, president, Ford India. "The new Mustang is a modern interpretation of the American icon, and we are thrilled to be giving our customers in India the opportunity to experience this piece of automotive history for the first time."
Ford India will import the Mustangs as completely built units - that's bound to attract heavy import duties which will affect prices. We suspect that the prices of the new Ford Mustang will be between Rs 55 lakh and Rs 60 lakh, ex-showroom.
"The new Ford Mustang is a one-of-a-kind vehicle and is going to appeal to Indian drivers who value the style, performance, and heritage that the Mustang name brings," said Harris. "With advanced new technology, an iconic design, and world-class power, it truly sets a new standard."
More from OVERDRIVE on the new Ford Mustang
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know
- NewsBetter recognition needed in order for Indian motorsport to grow says Gautam Singhania
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Aston Martin Vantage launched in India