Fords EcoBoost wins Best Engine Under 1.0-litre at International Engine of the Year Awards
Ford's 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine has won the Best Engine Under 1.0-litre title for the fifth time in a row at the International Engine of the Year Awards. A panel of 65 automotive journalists from 31 countries selected EcoBoost as winner based on drivability, performance, economy, refinement and technology. The engine has won this award since it was introduced, along with the Best New Engine title in 2012 and the International Engine of the Year title in 2014. There were 32 other engines this year in contention for the same title.
In India, the 3-cylinder 1.0-litre turbo-petrol EcoBoost engine is currently offered in the Ford EcoSport. It produces 125PS of power and 170Nm of torque. It managed to get to 100kmph from a standstill in 11.3 seconds, while we managed to get an overall efficiency of 16.1kmpl.
"The 1.0-litre EcoBoost was a game changer, and despite others following our lead, it remains the undisputed benchmark in its class five years on. It represents how we continue to innovate to bring our customers the mileage they need and the power they want in Asia Pacific with more EcoBoost engines across our growing product line-up," said Trevor Worthington, vice president of product and development, Ford Asia Pacific.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review