Former Fiat India CEO Gurpratap Boparai is the new MD of Skoda India
Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd has announced its new managing director will be Gurpratap Boparai. Boparai will take over the post of MD from April 2, 2018. He was formerly the chief executive officer (CEO) of Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. Boparai will report to Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier. Skoda India had a good year in 2017, registering a 30 per cent growth in sales. Primarily driven by the popularity of the Skoda Rapid, Skoda India managed to sell as many as 17, 438 cars in the calendar year. In addition, new launches including the Skoda Kodiaq SUV, Skoda Octavia RS, as well as refreshes to the Skoda Rapid and Skoda Octavia sedans.
Volkswagen Group which owns Skoda, recently commissioned Skoda Auto to evaluate global architecture for volume segments on the basis of the MQB A0 IN platform. This localised platform will reach India in 2020, to prepare for more stringent crash and emissions standards on the way.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio