Former Fiat India CEO Gurpratap Boparai is the new MD of Skoda India
Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd has announced its new managing director will be Gurpratap Boparai. Boparai will take over the post of MD from April 2, 2018. He was formerly the chief executive officer (CEO) of Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. Boparai will report to Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier. Skoda India had a good year in 2017, registering a 30 per cent growth in sales. Primarily driven by the popularity of the Skoda Rapid, Skoda India managed to sell as many as 17, 438 cars in the calendar year. In addition, new launches including the Skoda Kodiaq SUV, Skoda Octavia RS, as well as refreshes to the Skoda Rapid and Skoda Octavia sedans.
Volkswagen Group which owns Skoda, recently commissioned Skoda Auto to evaluate global architecture for volume segments on the basis of the MQB A0 IN platform. This localised platform will reach India in 2020, to prepare for more stringent crash and emissions standards on the way.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani