Former Fiat India CEO Gurpratap Boparai is the new MD of Skoda India
Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd has announced its new managing director will be Gurpratap Boparai. Boparai will take over the post of MD from April 2, 2018. He was formerly the chief executive officer (CEO) of Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. Boparai will report to Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier. Skoda India had a good year in 2017, registering a 30 per cent growth in sales. Primarily driven by the popularity of the Skoda Rapid, Skoda India managed to sell as many as 17, 438 cars in the calendar year. In addition, new launches including the Skoda Kodiaq SUV, Skoda Octavia RS, as well as refreshes to the Skoda Rapid and Skoda Octavia sedans.
Volkswagen Group which owns Skoda, recently commissioned Skoda Auto to evaluate global architecture for volume segments on the basis of the MQB A0 IN platform. This localised platform will reach India in 2020, to prepare for more stringent crash and emissions standards on the way.
Starts Rs 34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.49 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block