Former Fiat India CEO Gurpratap Boparai is the new MD of Skoda India
Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd has announced its new managing director will be Gurpratap Boparai. Boparai will take over the post of MD from April 2, 2018. He was formerly the chief executive officer (CEO) of Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. Boparai will report to Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier. Skoda India had a good year in 2017, registering a 30 per cent growth in sales. Primarily driven by the popularity of the Skoda Rapid, Skoda India managed to sell as many as 17, 438 cars in the calendar year. In addition, new launches including the Skoda Kodiaq SUV, Skoda Octavia RS, as well as refreshes to the Skoda Rapid and Skoda Octavia sedans.
Volkswagen Group which owns Skoda, recently commissioned Skoda Auto to evaluate global architecture for volume segments on the basis of the MQB A0 IN platform. This localised platform will reach India in 2020, to prepare for more stringent crash and emissions standards on the way.
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option