Former Fiat India CEO Gurpratap Boparai is the new MD of Skoda India
Skoda Auto India Pvt Ltd has announced its new managing director will be Gurpratap Boparai. Boparai will take over the post of MD from April 2, 2018. He was formerly the chief executive officer (CEO) of Fiat India Automobiles Ltd. Boparai will report to Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier. Skoda India had a good year in 2017, registering a 30 per cent growth in sales. Primarily driven by the popularity of the Skoda Rapid, Skoda India managed to sell as many as 17, 438 cars in the calendar year. In addition, new launches including the Skoda Kodiaq SUV, Skoda Octavia RS, as well as refreshes to the Skoda Rapid and Skoda Octavia sedans.
Volkswagen Group which owns Skoda, recently commissioned Skoda Auto to evaluate global architecture for volume segments on the basis of the MQB A0 IN platform. This localised platform will reach India in 2020, to prepare for more stringent crash and emissions standards on the way.
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.32 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Street's Not Dead
- NewsNITI Aayog's new action plan for electric mobility
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg unveiled in Beijing
- NewsYamaha cuts prices of YZF-R1 by Rs 2.6 lakh, MT-09 by Rs 1.3 lakh
- NewsProduction-spec Tata H5X SUV seen in camouflage
- NewsRoyal Enfield Thunderbird 350 launched in Australia as Rumbler 350
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra dominates Leg 4
- NewsRefreshed Bajaj Pulsar 150 spotted before March-end launch
- NewsFord and Mahindra to co-develop SUVs and EVs
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina to turn carmaker, launch EV hypercar