Former National Racing Champion, Ashwin Sundar, no more
Ashwin Sundar, a former national racing champion, has passed away. Sundar and his wife Niveditha perished after they met with an accident in their BMW Z4 in Chennai. It has been reported that the couple was trapped in their car that was wedged between a tree and a wall after the crash, following which it went up in flames.
Ashwin Sundar (June 27, 1989 - March 18, 2017)
Sundar was a racer who had excelled in several forms of motorsport. After a stint in go-karting, Sundar made the switch to single seater racing. He followed that up with two seasons racing motorcycles. He was second runner-up in the 150cc 4-stroke class of the UCAL National Road Racing Championship in 2005. In 2006, he claimed the title in the 115cc 4-stroke class and the 150cc 4-stroke class. The same year he finished runner-up in the FIM Asia Road Racing Championship's Underbone class for racers under the age of 21.
Sundar's car racing career had taken off by then. In the year 2007 he won the Formula Hyundai and Formula Swift categories of the championship. He briefly raced abroad, competing in the Volkswagen Polo Cup and the ADAC Formula Masters championships. Sundar was also crowned champion in the MRF F1600 category in 2010, 2011 and 2013. Following which he won the national championship in the F4 category in 2012 and 2013.
Sundar took a hiatus from racing at the end of the 2013 season, but he returned to competition in 2016, winning races in the LGB F4 category.
The motorsport fraternity mourns his loss.
Starts Rs 81.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV