Formula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
Jaguar has announced that its new I-PACE eTROPHY racecar will make its debut at the Berlin ePrix, running demonstration laps. The car will make its racing debut later this year.
In March 2018, Jaguar had announced an all-new all-electric racing series featuring the I-PACE. The series will be run as a support event for the Formula E Championship, and will be held alongside the fifth season of the championship that will begin towards the end of the year.
The car will be presented to the public during a showrun on May 19, raceday at Tempelhof in Berlin. It is yet to be revealed who the driver of the car during the showrun will be.
"We are excited to reveal the new Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar in Berlin and demonstrate its dynamic capabilities for the first time," Jaguar Formula E chief James Barclay said. "The team at Jaguar Racing and Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) are building the key foundations for the incredibly exciting championship and we are pleased with the progress of our test and development programme, which has included a successful tyre test with our partner Michelin."
Jaguar also announced their partnership with M-Sport, who used to work with Ford in the WRC.
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire