Formula E: Jaguar unveils Season 5 concept livery
Panasonic Jaguar Racing has become the latest team to unveil their livery for Season 5 of the FIA Formula E Championship. By unveiling the concept livery for the I-TYPE 3 - the car that will compete in the 2018/2019 season of the Formula E Championship - Jaguar has become the latest manufacturer, after Nissan and Audi, to give us a glimpse into the future of Formula E.
Panasonic Jaguar Racing I-TYPE 3
The I-TYPE 3 has already been put through its paces by Nelson Piquet Jr. at the first official test at Monteblanco in March. The team's other driver, Mitch Evans, is set to get behind the wheel at the next test outing.
The Gen 2 Formula E machine, which eliminates the mid-race car swap, is a huge step forward in terms of both speed and performance. The car features an motor that supplies it with up to 250kW (the equivalent of 335bhp) available during qualifying and 200kW available during the race.
The Jaguar I-TYPE 3 will also feature an LED Halo after the FIA-implemented new safety regulations earlier this year.
"This is a really exciting day for Panasonic Jaguar Racing as we take the next step on our electrification journey," team principal James Barclay said. We joined the championship so that we could take learnings from Formula E and directly transfer them from race to road to help shape future electric vehicles for Jaguar Land Rover. The concept livery of the Jaguar I-TYPE 3 is a progression from this season's race car which we will unveil later this year."
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review
- FeaturesWhat's under the new Suzuki GSX-S750's skin?
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launch in India tomorrow
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out