Formula E: Jaguar unveils Season 5 concept livery
Panasonic Jaguar Racing has become the latest team to unveil their livery for Season 5 of the FIA Formula E Championship. By unveiling the concept livery for the I-TYPE 3 - the car that will compete in the 2018/2019 season of the Formula E Championship - Jaguar has become the latest manufacturer, after Nissan and Audi, to give us a glimpse into the future of Formula E.
Panasonic Jaguar Racing I-TYPE 3
The I-TYPE 3 has already been put through its paces by Nelson Piquet Jr. at the first official test at Monteblanco in March. The team's other driver, Mitch Evans, is set to get behind the wheel at the next test outing.
The Gen 2 Formula E machine, which eliminates the mid-race car swap, is a huge step forward in terms of both speed and performance. The car features an motor that supplies it with up to 250kW (the equivalent of 335bhp) available during qualifying and 200kW available during the race.
The Jaguar I-TYPE 3 will also feature an LED Halo after the FIA-implemented new safety regulations earlier this year.
"This is a really exciting day for Panasonic Jaguar Racing as we take the next step on our electrification journey," team principal James Barclay said. We joined the championship so that we could take learnings from Formula E and directly transfer them from race to road to help shape future electric vehicles for Jaguar Land Rover. The concept livery of the Jaguar I-TYPE 3 is a progression from this season's race car which we will unveil later this year."
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show