Formula E: Mahindra Racing claw back championship lead at Sanya E-Prix
After a disappointing outing at the Hong Kong E-Prix, the Mahindra Racing Formula E team made up ground last weekend at the Sanya E-prix to take top spot in the championship standings. The sixth race of the championship was the first race held in this newly developed street circuit in China.
Pascal Wehrlein behind the wheel of the Mahindra Racing M5Electro at the Sanya ePrix
Jérôme D'Ambrosio and Pascal Wehrlein finished sixth and seventh in the race respectively. The race itself did see quite a few incidents but the Mahindra drivers remained unscathed and managed to stay at the top half of the grid. They gained a place each when Sebastien Buemi received a 10-second penalty at the end of the race.
With the season at its halfway point, the Formula E parade now moves to Europe. The seventh round of the Formula E Championship will take place on Saturday, April 13 in Rome.
Jerome d'Ambrosio is currently second in the driver's championship standings, one point behind leader Jean Eric Vergne
Team Principal of Mahindra Racing, Dilbagh Gill, said of his team's performance, "I think we were solid in free practice and qualifying. We have definitely showed that we have recovered and, most importantly, overcome the problem we had in Hong Kong. However, on race pace we got a bit behind, but both drivers did well to bring the cars home in the points which means Mahindra Racing is still right up there fighting for both championship titles"
- NewsSuzuki Gixxer 300/GSX-S300 in works, could be launched in India
- NewsToyota Glanza, rebadged Baleno, to launch in India by July 2019
- News2019 Triumph Speed Twin to be launched in India today
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip