Formula E: Rosenqvist gives Mahindra Racing 4th place finish at inaugural Santiago ePrix
The inaugural Santiago ePrix, Round 3 of the 2017/2018 Formula E season was tough for Mahindra Racing. The team's drivers Felix Rosenqvist and Nick Heidfeld only managed to qualify 14th and 15th respectively.
Felix Rosenqvist on his way to a fourth-place finish at the Santiago ePrix
In the race itself, a first lap incident meant that Heidfeld had to come into the pits almost immediately to swap cars, which meant he was forced to retire from the race with no spare car left for him around when he would ordinarily have had to pit for a car swap.
Things were slightly better for Swedish driver Rosenqvist though, who managed to move up from 14th place to fourth after dicing with competitors on track.
Mahindra Racing now moves down to second place in the team's standings behind Techeetah, while Rosenqvist also is second in the driver's standings behind Techeetah's Jean-Eric Vergne who won the Santiago ePrix. The all-electric championship now heads to Mexico City for the fourth round.
- NewsPetrol and diesel prices to increase by Rs 2 in Maharashtra from tomorrow, June 1
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!