Gaurav Gill in talks for WRC2 drive in 2018
Three-time Asia Pacific Rally Champion, Gaurav Gill, is hoping to make a return to rallying in Europe. Gill is currently in talks with the Wevers Sport team, a Dutch outfit that runs Skoda factory cars, in a bid to get a seat with them for the WRC2 championship.
Gill last competed in Europe in the 2009 season, taking part in the Production World Rally Championship, with Team Sidvin India.
While there isn't confirmation yet as to whether or not Gill will compete in the 2018 season, he is hoping to make an announcement soon. Gill told OVERDRIVE that his seat depended on funding, which he is currently trying to drum up. He did confirm though, that should he compete in the WRC2 class in 2018, it would be in a factory-spec machine. The deal is being put together by Skoda, with whom Gill competes in collaboration with MRF, in the APRC.
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch