Gaurav Gill in talks for WRC2 drive in 2018
Three-time Asia Pacific Rally Champion, Gaurav Gill, is hoping to make a return to rallying in Europe. Gill is currently in talks with the Wevers Sport team, a Dutch outfit that runs Skoda factory cars, in a bid to get a seat with them for the WRC2 championship.
Gill last competed in Europe in the 2009 season, taking part in the Production World Rally Championship, with Team Sidvin India.
While there isn't confirmation yet as to whether or not Gill will compete in the 2018 season, he is hoping to make an announcement soon. Gill told OVERDRIVE that his seat depended on funding, which he is currently trying to drum up. He did confirm though, that should he compete in the WRC2 class in 2018, it would be in a factory-spec machine. The deal is being put together by Skoda, with whom Gill competes in collaboration with MRF, in the APRC.
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block