Gaurav Gill in talks for WRC2 drive in 2018
Three-time Asia Pacific Rally Champion, Gaurav Gill, is hoping to make a return to rallying in Europe. Gill is currently in talks with the Wevers Sport team, a Dutch outfit that runs Skoda factory cars, in a bid to get a seat with them for the WRC2 championship.
Gill last competed in Europe in the 2009 season, taking part in the Production World Rally Championship, with Team Sidvin India.
While there isn't confirmation yet as to whether or not Gill will compete in the 2018 season, he is hoping to make an announcement soon. Gill told OVERDRIVE that his seat depended on funding, which he is currently trying to drum up. He did confirm though, that should he compete in the WRC2 class in 2018, it would be in a factory-spec machine. The deal is being put together by Skoda, with whom Gill competes in collaboration with MRF, in the APRC.
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade