Gaurav Gill in talks for WRC2 drive in 2018
Three-time Asia Pacific Rally Champion, Gaurav Gill, is hoping to make a return to rallying in Europe. Gill is currently in talks with the Wevers Sport team, a Dutch outfit that runs Skoda factory cars, in a bid to get a seat with them for the WRC2 championship.
Gill last competed in Europe in the 2009 season, taking part in the Production World Rally Championship, with Team Sidvin India.
While there isn't confirmation yet as to whether or not Gill will compete in the 2018 season, he is hoping to make an announcement soon. Gill told OVERDRIVE that his seat depended on funding, which he is currently trying to drum up. He did confirm though, that should he compete in the WRC2 class in 2018, it would be in a factory-spec machine. The deal is being put together by Skoda, with whom Gill competes in collaboration with MRF, in the APRC.
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?
- NewsDucati now offering free GoPro action camera on purchase of Multistrada 950 and Scrambler 800
- FeaturesHow the Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak claimed the electric car record at Goodwood
- NewsRenault Captur offered with benefits of upto Rs 81,000 in India
- NewsJK NRC 2018: Surya Varathan crowned Novice Cup Champion