Gaurav Gill in talks for WRC2 drive in 2018
Three-time Asia Pacific Rally Champion, Gaurav Gill, is hoping to make a return to rallying in Europe. Gill is currently in talks with the Wevers Sport team, a Dutch outfit that runs Skoda factory cars, in a bid to get a seat with them for the WRC2 championship.
Gill last competed in Europe in the 2009 season, taking part in the Production World Rally Championship, with Team Sidvin India.
While there isn't confirmation yet as to whether or not Gill will compete in the 2018 season, he is hoping to make an announcement soon. Gill told OVERDRIVE that his seat depended on funding, which he is currently trying to drum up. He did confirm though, that should he compete in the WRC2 class in 2018, it would be in a factory-spec machine. The deal is being put together by Skoda, with whom Gill competes in collaboration with MRF, in the APRC.
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India