Gaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
An online store has immortalized the Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 in which Gaurav Gill won his third APRC title in 2017. This, by way of a scale model the firm sells on its website for a pretty reasonable EUR 80 (approximately Rs 6500).
The car depicted is the one Gaurav drove in the opening round of the 2017 season in Whangarei/New Zealand. Gaurav Gill paired with co-driver Stéphane Prévot and were engaged in a tough skirmish with Ole Christian Veiby/Stig Rune Skjaermn.
The Team MRF Fabia R5 that Gill drove to victory in the championship last year featured a 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol developed from the production 1.8-litre turbo petrol seen on cars like the Superb and Octavia. The motor put out 278PS and 420Nm.
The scale model is made from metal and has enough detailing to be a nice representation of the actual car. Indian motorsport fans will also find this to be a great addition to their memorabilia collection, especially since it's a car that marks Gill's third APRC title, and his second on the trot!
- NewsTata looks for foreign partner to drive passenger car business
- NewsNissan Magnite SUV concept's interior design revealed, could feature an AMT
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R to be launched in India on August 11
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV teased ahead of festive season debut
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India