Gaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
An online store has immortalized the Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 in which Gaurav Gill won his third APRC title in 2017. This, by way of a scale model the firm sells on its website for a pretty reasonable EUR 80 (approximately Rs 6500).
The car depicted is the one Gaurav drove in the opening round of the 2017 season in Whangarei/New Zealand. Gaurav Gill paired with co-driver Stéphane Prévot and were engaged in a tough skirmish with Ole Christian Veiby/Stig Rune Skjaermn.
The Team MRF Fabia R5 that Gill drove to victory in the championship last year featured a 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol developed from the production 1.8-litre turbo petrol seen on cars like the Superb and Octavia. The motor put out 278PS and 420Nm.
The scale model is made from metal and has enough detailing to be a nice representation of the actual car. Indian motorsport fans will also find this to be a great addition to their memorabilia collection, especially since it's a car that marks Gill's third APRC title, and his second on the trot!
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300