Genesis G70 not coming to India
The good-looking Genesis G70 sedan from the luxury arm of Hyundai is not coming to India anytime soon. The compact G70 which was unveiled by Genesis recently will first go on sale in South Korea on September 20. Hyundai has stated that the Genesis G70 will be available in other parts of the world later in 2018. However, sources in the know have suggested that the G70, the entry-level sedan in the Genesis lineup, is aimed at markets including the USA, South America, Europe and Australia. The car will be available with three engine options - two petrol and one diesel - when launched. There will be a G70 Sport variant powered by a 3.3-litre turbocharged petrol V6 engine that produces 370PS. The Genesis G70 will compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3-series, Audi A4 and S4, as well as the Infiniti Q50.
The Genesis G70 will also get a Sport variant powered by a 3.3-litre turbocharged petrol V6 engine which produces 370PS.
The Genesis G70 has been designed by a team led by Luc Donckerwolke, who was earlier the lead designer for Lamborghini, Bentley, and Audi. The Genesis G70 benefits greatly from this with its muscular lines and premium look. There are subtle chrome accents that serve as highlights on the body. The interior is a neat place with all controls and buttons being well-organised. The trim is contrasting leather for a premium feel, with brushed aluminium finishes on some parts. The Genesis line was introduced as a premium brand in countries such as the USA, where the Hyundai brand is seen as a cheap car.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 40.2 Lakhs
- NewsWRC 2019: Gaurav Gill ranked sixth in WRC2 category at Rally Turkey
- News2019 MRF National Racing Championship: Mohite closes in on Balu's ITC lead
- NewsTVS Radeon celebratory edition launched at Rs 52,720 - now gets an option of disc brake
- News2020 Ducati Monster 1200 S unveiled internationally
- News2019 Volkswagen Ameo Class: Season finale kicks off this weekend with three-way championship battle