Genesis G70 unveiled as Hyundai's luxury brand's new entry-level car
Hyundai's luxury arm, Genesis, recently revealed its latest car, the G70. The Genesis G70 is the brand's entry-level car which aims to take on strong contenders like the Jaguar XE, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, BMW 3 Series and the Audi A4. However, like with other Genesis cars, the G70 is expected to be priced lower than its German rivals, while still offering a similar feature set and quality. The car has been designed by Luc Donckerwolke, who was previously the lead designer for Bentley, Lamborghini and Audi. While there are similarities with the other Genesis cars like the large grille up front, for the most part, it looks a lot sharper and sportier. This, thanks to the lean muscular lines running all around the car, and the neat elements like the air vent on the front fenders and the integrated spoiler. The G70's interior design meanwhile, is like in the other Genesis cars -- neat and very premium. All thanks to the use of brushed aluminium trims, contrast stitching and a modern design.
The Genesis G70 looks a lot sharper than the other cars in the line-up.
The Genesis G70's interior is simple, neat and premium-looking
Coming to the mechanicals, the Genesis G70 will be offered with three engine options -- a 202PS 2.2-litre turbo-diesel, a 252PS 2.0-litre turbo-petrol and the top-spec 370PS 3.3-litre turbo-petrol V6 in the G70 Sport. To put it into perspective, the Genesis G70 Sport makes 3PS more than the Mercedes-AMG C43 which was launched in India earlier this year. The car has features like launch control, a torque vectoring system and a mechanical limited slip differential.
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 35.85 Lakhs
Starts Rs 39.82 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 3.49 lakh
- NewsUpcoming Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to miss out on new 1.5-litre diesel at launch
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India