Geneva Motor Show 2018: 1,940PS Rimac C_Two Electric Hypercar can reach 100kmph in 1.97s
In the list of supercars, the ones that occupy the top spots are usually Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. But then there is one supercar manufacturer that has been making the headlines for a fast...really fast offering. Croatian brand Rimac has showcased the C_Two all-electric hypercar, the successor of the Concept_One, at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show.
The company describes that C_Two as a pure electric GT hypercar that is as capable on track as it is crossing continents. The hypercar features a full carbon fiber monocoque with bonded carbon roof, integrated structural battery pack and rear carbon subframe, with crash structures formed from aluminium and carbon fiber. The result is that it is both light and exceptionally strong.
What makes the Rimac C_Two totally ludicrous is the fact that it comes with four electric motors for each wheel and the combined power output is 1,940PS while the torque is a jaw dropping 2,300Nm. All of that can make the Rimac C_Two sprint to 100kmph in 1.97seconds and also reach a maximum speed of 412kmph. While performance is the keyword of the Rimac C_Two, the hypercar has a claimed driving range of 650km on one full charge using the 120 kWh battery back.
The Romac C_Two comes equipped with Level 4 autonomous tech that makes use of eight cameras, two LIDAR, six radar, 12 ultrasonics and also a partridge in a pear tree. Offering Level 4 does sound ambitious, something that can be verified only in real world conditions.
- News2019 Ducati Scrambler range to be launched in India today
- FeaturesFIVA General Council Meeting in India
- FeaturesFIVA President in Conversation with Bob Rupani
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip