Geneva Motor Show 2018: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe breaks cover
Hyundai has revealed the 2019 Santa Fe at the Geneva Motor Show ahead of its European launch later this year. The Santa Fe now wears a sharper design theme that is inspired by the Kona compact SUV that debuted last year. This design, comprising of the cascading grille and the vertically stacked split headlamps, is now going mainstream for all Hyundai SUVs (as seen on the Kona, Nexo and Santa Fe) and will soon been seen on the upcoming all-new Tucson as well. Hyundai is also said to be working on a SUV larger than the Santa Fe and it will be around the same size as the Kia Telluride Concept from 2016.
The 2019 Santa Fe comes with three engine options - a 2.4l, 185PS four-cylinder petrol; a 2.0l, 232PS, turbocharged four-cylinder petrol; and a 2.2l, 200PS, four-cylinder turbo-diesel. All the engines come standard with an eight-speed gearbox and all-wheel-drive.
The Santa Fe seen here will be available in five and seven seater (Santa Fe XL) configurations. The cabin has a minimalist design and is draped in leather for a premium appeal. It gets creature comforts like wireless charging, multi-zone climate control, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality and satellite navigation.
Safety technology includes automatic emergency braking, blind spot warning, rear cross-traffic warning and the ability to temporarily prevent the opening of doors when an object (like a vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist) is approaching from behind. For parents and pet lovers, there is also a new feature that warns the driver if they lock the car with an occupant in any of the rear seats. How cool is that!
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign