Geneva Motor Show 2018: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe breaks cover
Hyundai has revealed the 2019 Santa Fe at the Geneva Motor Show ahead of its European launch later this year. The Santa Fe now wears a sharper design theme that is inspired by the Kona compact SUV that debuted last year. This design, comprising of the cascading grille and the vertically stacked split headlamps, is now going mainstream for all Hyundai SUVs (as seen on the Kona, Nexo and Santa Fe) and will soon been seen on the upcoming all-new Tucson as well. Hyundai is also said to be working on a SUV larger than the Santa Fe and it will be around the same size as the Kia Telluride Concept from 2016.
The 2019 Santa Fe comes with three engine options - a 2.4l, 185PS four-cylinder petrol; a 2.0l, 232PS, turbocharged four-cylinder petrol; and a 2.2l, 200PS, four-cylinder turbo-diesel. All the engines come standard with an eight-speed gearbox and all-wheel-drive.
The Santa Fe seen here will be available in five and seven seater (Santa Fe XL) configurations. The cabin has a minimalist design and is draped in leather for a premium appeal. It gets creature comforts like wireless charging, multi-zone climate control, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functionality and satellite navigation.
Safety technology includes automatic emergency braking, blind spot warning, rear cross-traffic warning and the ability to temporarily prevent the opening of doors when an object (like a vehicle, pedestrian or cyclist) is approaching from behind. For parents and pet lovers, there is also a new feature that warns the driver if they lock the car with an occupant in any of the rear seats. How cool is that!
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship