Geneva Motor Show 2018: Hyundai Kite concept is an electric buggy that also drives on water
Hyundai Motor has unveiled the Hyundai Kite concept, which it has developed in collaboration with Turin-based Istituto Europeo di Design (IED). The Hyundai Kite concept is unique in that it is an amphibious electric buggy. The doorless, windowless, roofless concept can drive on road and converts into a single-seater jet ski to travel over water. This is the second time that the Hyundai Design Centre Europe has jointly developed a concept with master's course students from IED. The last time was in 2014 when they had come up with the PassoCorto, an ultra-lightweight sports car concept. The Hyundai Kite has interlacing surfaces that form a continuum of twists.
The Hyundai Kite draws power from four brushless electric motors on the wheels, and a water turbine to travel on water. The Kite's human-car interaction will be controlled by the user's mobile phone to offer customers intuitive control over all the car's functions. While the wait for an amphibious car from a mainstream automaker may take time, at least we know Hyundai Motor is working on such an idea.
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India