Geneva Motor Show 2018: Hyundai Kite concept is an electric buggy that also drives on water
Hyundai Motor has unveiled the Hyundai Kite concept, which it has developed in collaboration with Turin-based Istituto Europeo di Design (IED). The Hyundai Kite concept is unique in that it is an amphibious electric buggy. The doorless, windowless, roofless concept can drive on road and converts into a single-seater jet ski to travel over water. This is the second time that the Hyundai Design Centre Europe has jointly developed a concept with master's course students from IED. The last time was in 2014 when they had come up with the PassoCorto, an ultra-lightweight sports car concept. The Hyundai Kite has interlacing surfaces that form a continuum of twists.
The Hyundai Kite draws power from four brushless electric motors on the wheels, and a water turbine to travel on water. The Kite's human-car interaction will be controlled by the user's mobile phone to offer customers intuitive control over all the car's functions. While the wait for an amphibious car from a mainstream automaker may take time, at least we know Hyundai Motor is working on such an idea.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Andrea Dovizioso wins thrilling season opener at Qatar
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm flagged off in Noida
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines