Geneva Motor Show 2018: Hyundai Kite concept is an electric buggy that also drives on water
Hyundai Motor has unveiled the Hyundai Kite concept, which it has developed in collaboration with Turin-based Istituto Europeo di Design (IED). The Hyundai Kite concept is unique in that it is an amphibious electric buggy. The doorless, windowless, roofless concept can drive on road and converts into a single-seater jet ski to travel over water. This is the second time that the Hyundai Design Centre Europe has jointly developed a concept with master's course students from IED. The last time was in 2014 when they had come up with the PassoCorto, an ultra-lightweight sports car concept. The Hyundai Kite has interlacing surfaces that form a continuum of twists.
The Hyundai Kite draws power from four brushless electric motors on the wheels, and a water turbine to travel on water. The Kite's human-car interaction will be controlled by the user's mobile phone to offer customers intuitive control over all the car's functions. While the wait for an amphibious car from a mainstream automaker may take time, at least we know Hyundai Motor is working on such an idea.
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India