Geneva Motor Show 2018: Hyundai Kite concept is an electric buggy that also drives on water
Hyundai Motor has unveiled the Hyundai Kite concept, which it has developed in collaboration with Turin-based Istituto Europeo di Design (IED). The Hyundai Kite concept is unique in that it is an amphibious electric buggy. The doorless, windowless, roofless concept can drive on road and converts into a single-seater jet ski to travel over water. This is the second time that the Hyundai Design Centre Europe has jointly developed a concept with master's course students from IED. The last time was in 2014 when they had come up with the PassoCorto, an ultra-lightweight sports car concept. The Hyundai Kite has interlacing surfaces that form a continuum of twists.
The Hyundai Kite draws power from four brushless electric motors on the wheels, and a water turbine to travel on water. The Kite's human-car interaction will be controlled by the user's mobile phone to offer customers intuitive control over all the car's functions. While the wait for an amphibious car from a mainstream automaker may take time, at least we know Hyundai Motor is working on such an idea.
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X