Geneva Motor Show 2018: Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder has been launched in time for summer
If you were wondering how to enjoy the wind in your hair this summer without missing out on active aero, Lamborghini has the answer. Say hello to the Huracan Performante Spyder that been showcased at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show. This is the topless version of the Nurburgring lap time record breaking Huracan Performante that was all the buzz at last year Geneva show. What's new you ask? The slipperier, Super Trofeo race car inspired body work of the Performante Coupe with a soft drop top, not to forget Lamborghini's patented active aero system, the Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva.
The Lamborghini PerformanteSpyder is the sixth iteration of the Italian supercar maker's current generation middleweight sportscar
Lamborghini confirms the soft top will not affect the aero, and the roof can be retracted on the go in 17 seconds and at speeds up to 48kmph, just like the regular Huracan Spyder. It might sound ironical to some the most aerodynamic sportscar without a retractable roof kind of defeats the purpose, no? But Lamborghini feels the performance gains over the standard Huracan (Spyder in this case) were compelling enough for them to create the Huracan Performante Spyder. And we have to say, the slick looking rear spoiler adds more charisma to the design with the roof folded in. Also, let's not forget the even more glorious soundtrack of the Performante playing directly into your ears.
The Huracan Performante Spyder retains all the techno-gadgetry from the Performante Coupe, including the active spoiler integrating the ALA or Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva
Goes without saying the Spyder boasts all the firepower from the Performante Coupe the naturally aspirated V10 delivers 640PS (the standard Huracan Spyder offers 610PS from the same engine) along with 600Nm (560Nm in the standard Spyder). Power is sent to all four wheels via a seven speed dual clutch gearbox. Of course, the carbon ceramic brakes from the Performante Coupe are standard on the Spyder as well, as are 20-inch wheels shod with Pirelli's P Zero Corsa tyres. Differences with the Coupe? The Performante Spyder is two-tenths of a second slower to 100kmph from naught, given its claimed timing of 3.1 seconds. The Spyder is also 125kg heavier than the Performante Coupe, though it is a full 35kg lighter than the standard Spyder. Just in case you're wondering, yes, the Huracan Performante Spyder will come to India and will command a premium over the Performante Coupe.
The Lamborghini Spyder will be launched in India, just like the rest of the Huracan family
Starts Rs 3.25 Crore
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsRenault-Nissan-Mitsubishi and Google announce technological partnership
- NewsLimited edition Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 showcased
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 teased further in new video
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS performance SUV teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app