Geneva Motor Show 2018: Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe showcased
The Coupe body type was usually seen on two-door sedans and also hatchbacks. But then you don't expect to see one on a full-size SUV. However, Land Rover has changed this perception with the new Range Rover SV Coupe. Based on the same platform as the Range Rover, the SV Coupe does look similar to the regular offering but with a new aluminium bodywork. Land Rover has clearly mentioned that only the hood and the lower tailgate have been shared with the regular Range Rover SUV.
If its a Land Rover, uber rich luxury is a given. The Range Rover SV Coupe comes with frameless doors, a panoramic sunroof and a new contrasting upholstery. The are eight gloss or matte exterior shades with an optional liquesence paint finish, which brings a liquid metal finish to Range Rover for the first time. Additionally, this is also the first Range Rover with a 23-inch wheel option. The Special Vehicle Operations' bespoke personalisation team offers individual customization and access to 100 more paint colours along with other options.
The 2018 Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe comes with a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 that makes 565PS and generates 700Nm. Land Rover claims that the Range Rover SV Coupe does 0-60mph in 5 seconds and has a maximum speed of 266kph, making it the the fastest-ever full-size Range Rover SUV. The SV Coupe comes equipped with LR's Terrain Response 2 system that offers various drive modes such as sand, mud, rocks and snow. The SUV also comes with adjustable air suspension with a 8mm reduced height that can be adjusted for easy entry and exit also to improve the off-road capability. The SV Coupe has a maximum wading depth of 900mm and a maximum towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes.
The 2018 Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe prices start from £240,000 (Rs 2.16 crore) in the UK and will be launched in their market later this year.
Starts Rs 1.66 Crore
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X