Geneva Motor Show 2018: Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe showcased
The Coupe body type was usually seen on two-door sedans and also hatchbacks. But then you don't expect to see one on a full-size SUV. However, Land Rover has changed this perception with the new Range Rover SV Coupe. Based on the same platform as the Range Rover, the SV Coupe does look similar to the regular offering but with a new aluminium bodywork. Land Rover has clearly mentioned that only the hood and the lower tailgate have been shared with the regular Range Rover SUV.
If its a Land Rover, uber rich luxury is a given. The Range Rover SV Coupe comes with frameless doors, a panoramic sunroof and a new contrasting upholstery. The are eight gloss or matte exterior shades with an optional liquesence paint finish, which brings a liquid metal finish to Range Rover for the first time. Additionally, this is also the first Range Rover with a 23-inch wheel option. The Special Vehicle Operations' bespoke personalisation team offers individual customization and access to 100 more paint colours along with other options.
The 2018 Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe comes with a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 that makes 565PS and generates 700Nm. Land Rover claims that the Range Rover SV Coupe does 0-60mph in 5 seconds and has a maximum speed of 266kph, making it the the fastest-ever full-size Range Rover SUV. The SV Coupe comes equipped with LR's Terrain Response 2 system that offers various drive modes such as sand, mud, rocks and snow. The SUV also comes with adjustable air suspension with a 8mm reduced height that can be adjusted for easy entry and exit also to improve the off-road capability. The SV Coupe has a maximum wading depth of 900mm and a maximum towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes.
The 2018 Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe prices start from £240,000 (Rs 2.16 crore) in the UK and will be launched in their market later this year.
Starts Rs 1.74 Crore
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India