Geneva Motor Show 2018: Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe showcased
The Coupe body type was usually seen on two-door sedans and also hatchbacks. But then you don't expect to see one on a full-size SUV. However, Land Rover has changed this perception with the new Range Rover SV Coupe. Based on the same platform as the Range Rover, the SV Coupe does look similar to the regular offering but with a new aluminium bodywork. Land Rover has clearly mentioned that only the hood and the lower tailgate have been shared with the regular Range Rover SUV.
If its a Land Rover, uber rich luxury is a given. The Range Rover SV Coupe comes with frameless doors, a panoramic sunroof and a new contrasting upholstery. The are eight gloss or matte exterior shades with an optional liquesence paint finish, which brings a liquid metal finish to Range Rover for the first time. Additionally, this is also the first Range Rover with a 23-inch wheel option. The Special Vehicle Operations' bespoke personalisation team offers individual customization and access to 100 more paint colours along with other options.
The 2018 Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe comes with a supercharged 5.0-litre V8 that makes 565PS and generates 700Nm. Land Rover claims that the Range Rover SV Coupe does 0-60mph in 5 seconds and has a maximum speed of 266kph, making it the the fastest-ever full-size Range Rover SUV. The SV Coupe comes equipped with LR's Terrain Response 2 system that offers various drive modes such as sand, mud, rocks and snow. The SUV also comes with adjustable air suspension with a 8mm reduced height that can be adjusted for easy entry and exit also to improve the off-road capability. The SV Coupe has a maximum wading depth of 900mm and a maximum towing capacity of 3.5 tonnes.
The 2018 Land Rover Range Rover SV Coupe prices start from £240,000 (Rs 2.16 crore) in the UK and will be launched in their market later this year.
Starts Rs 1.66 Crore
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India