Geneva Motor Show 2018: Tata Motors EVision sedan, H5X SUV and 45X hatchback concepts showcased
At the ongoing Geneva Motor Show, Indian car manufacturer Tata Motors presented the H5X and 45X concepts, both of which were showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. However, the main highlight of their presentation was the Tata EVision sedan concept. Tata Motors has not let out any info on the EVision concept. However, when it takes production form, the Tata EVision will compete with the likes of the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and also the new-gen Honda Civic that will soon arrive in the Indian market.
The Tata EVision sedan concept sports the Impact 2.0 design language that was recently showcased on the H5X SUV and the 45X premium hatchback concept. Tata Motors did not let out any information on the electric powertrain that will be doing duty in the EVision sedan. However, we believe it will be similar to the one offered on the Tigor electric sedan but with a more powerful state of tune. It is already known that Tata Motors is working on the Tigor EV. The company has already showcased the same at the 2018 Auto Expo along with the Tamo Racemo electric.
The Tata H5X SUV utilises the same platform as Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Discovery Sport. Tata Motors calls this the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture (Omega arc). While the architecture is the same as the JLR platform, the Tata H5X has a different mix of materials for its platform. The Omega arc platform has been under development for more than five years, and the first vehicle to come off can be expected to launch 16 months from now. The 45X previews Tata's upcoming hatchback. It is based on a completely new platform and will take on the likes of the Hyundai i20 and Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.03 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani