Geneva Motor Show 2018: Tata Motors EVision sedan, H5X SUV and 45X hatchback concepts showcased
At the ongoing Geneva Motor Show, Indian car manufacturer Tata Motors presented the H5X and 45X concepts, both of which were showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo. However, the main highlight of their presentation was the Tata EVision sedan concept. Tata Motors has not let out any info on the EVision concept. However, when it takes production form, the Tata EVision will compete with the likes of the Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra and also the new-gen Honda Civic that will soon arrive in the Indian market.
The Tata EVision sedan concept sports the Impact 2.0 design language that was recently showcased on the H5X SUV and the 45X premium hatchback concept. Tata Motors did not let out any information on the electric powertrain that will be doing duty in the EVision sedan. However, we believe it will be similar to the one offered on the Tigor electric sedan but with a more powerful state of tune. It is already known that Tata Motors is working on the Tigor EV. The company has already showcased the same at the 2018 Auto Expo along with the Tamo Racemo electric.
The Tata H5X SUV utilises the same platform as Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) Discovery Sport. Tata Motors calls this the Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture (Omega arc). While the architecture is the same as the JLR platform, the Tata H5X has a different mix of materials for its platform. The Omega arc platform has been under development for more than five years, and the first vehicle to come off can be expected to launch 16 months from now. The 45X previews Tata's upcoming hatchback. It is based on a completely new platform and will take on the likes of the Hyundai i20 and Maruti Suzuki Baleno.
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.36 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India