Geneva Motor Show 2019: Aston Martin Lagonda All-Terrain Concept to be showcased
The 89th Geneva International Motor Show is scheduled to take place in March this year. It is here that Aston Martin will be showcasing its almost production ready Lagonda all-terrain SUV concept. It will be the first to carry the Lagonda brand name that has been revived by Aston Martin and is dubbed as world's first luxury zero emission brand. The British luxury carmaker mentions that the Lagonda all-terrain SUV will be launched in production form in 2021 and will be built at the company's Saint Athan plant in Wales. This is the same facility where the upcoming Aston Martin DBX SUV will be manufactured.
Lagonda all-terraiin SUV to launch in production form by 2021
The Lagonda all-terrain concept will be based on the Lagonda Vision Concept that was showcased at last year's Geneva Show. In an official release, Aston Martin mentions, "By taking full advantage of its zero-emission platform, Lagonda's design team has created a car boasting extraordinary style and space efficiency combined with a rakish design language that demonstrates the unique freedom afforded by Lagonda's commitment to zero-emission powertrain technologies." Aston Martin has not mentioned details on the specifications and dimensions. However, it should be a large-sized SUV considering that Aston Martin is targeting the uber luxurious Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV with the exquisite Lagonda brand. The SUV will be based on the same platform as the Lagonda luxury saloon that was revealed earlier.
Lagonda Vision concept showcased at the Geneva Motor Show 2018
"The Lagonda All-Terrain Concept offers explicit clues regarding what will be the first Lagonda model to enter production, and further demonstrates how Lagonda's zero-emission powertrain enables us to create spectacular cars that will radically redefine their sectors of the market," commented Andy Palmer, Aston Martin Lagonda President and Group CEO.
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip