Geneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
Tata Motors showcased the all-new 45X hatchback concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. While it is believed that the 45X will take production shape in the form of a Baleno rival, Tata motors has released a teaser of a concept that will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. This teaser is said to be that of the 45X sedan that will be based on the AMP platform and will compete against the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and also the Toyota Yaris sedans.
The Tata 45X will feature the Impact 2.0 design language that was shown on the hatchback as well as the H5X SUV. According to the new design language, the front will feature a humanity line that runs between the lights and under the grille, that has been on all new-age Tata cars. Additionally, the 45X sedan will come with large wheel arches and also a far more bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tigor and the Zest.
We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda City and the Suzuki Ciaz, both of which come well equipped. We also hope Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options as well. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the 45X sedan will be powerful iterations of the Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines. And with the recent showcase of the Tata-JTP cars, we expect Tata Motors to churn out a performance-spec version as well that will make it the only one in its segment.
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani