Geneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
Tata Motors showcased the all-new 45X hatchback concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. While it is believed that the 45X will take production shape in the form of a Baleno rival, Tata motors has released a teaser of a concept that will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. This teaser is said to be that of the 45X sedan that will be based on the AMP platform and will compete against the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and also the Toyota Yaris sedans.
The Tata 45X will feature the Impact 2.0 design language that was shown on the hatchback as well as the H5X SUV. According to the new design language, the front will feature a humanity line that runs between the lights and under the grille, that has been on all new-age Tata cars. Additionally, the 45X sedan will come with large wheel arches and also a far more bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tigor and the Zest.
We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda City and the Suzuki Ciaz, both of which come well equipped. We also hope Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options as well. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the 45X sedan will be powerful iterations of the Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines. And with the recent showcase of the Tata-JTP cars, we expect Tata Motors to churn out a performance-spec version as well that will make it the only one in its segment.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.75 Lakhs
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X