Geneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
Tata Motors showcased the all-new 45X hatchback concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. While it is believed that the 45X will take production shape in the form of a Baleno rival, Tata motors has released a teaser of a concept that will be unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. This teaser is said to be that of the 45X sedan that will be based on the AMP platform and will compete against the Honda City, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and also the Toyota Yaris sedans.
The Tata 45X will feature the Impact 2.0 design language that was shown on the hatchback as well as the H5X SUV. According to the new design language, the front will feature a humanity line that runs between the lights and under the grille, that has been on all new-age Tata cars. Additionally, the 45X sedan will come with large wheel arches and also a far more bolder styling compared to what we have seen on the Tigor and the Zest.
We expect the cabin to feature premium materials and trims considering the 45X will take on the likes of the Honda City and the Suzuki Ciaz, both of which come well equipped. We also hope Tata Motors to offer the latest connectivity options as well. The other aspect that we assume will already be there is a spacious cabin, an aspect where Tata cars never disappoint.
The powertrain options that might be offered in the 45X sedan will be powerful iterations of the Revotron petrol and Revotorq diesel engines. And with the recent showcase of the Tata-JTP cars, we expect Tata Motors to churn out a performance-spec version as well that will make it the only one in its segment.
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.83 Lakhs
- FeaturesFive accessories that will get your BMW R1200 GS closer to BMW GS Trophy-spec
- NewsExclusive: 2018 Toyota Yaris to be launched in India on April 24, bookings now open
- News2019 Volkswagen Touareg teased before March 23 reveal in Beijing
- ReviewRange Rover Velar P250 road test review
- NewsForce Motors announces joint venture with Rolls-Royce Power Systems under Force MTU Power Systems banner
- News2018 Bentley Continental GT launching in India on March 24
- FeaturesBetter riding: You must be able to see where you're going! | Near miss!
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India