Geneva to host world premiere of Qoros 3 hatchback
Qoros will world premiere its second series production car, the Qoros 3 hatch at the Geneva Motor Show 2014. The car will be available in four trims Essence, Experience, Experience plus and Elegance.
The front gets a deep split frame grille with the signature Qoros mesh
The hatch is 4.4 metres long with a wheelbase of 2690 mm and width of 1839 mm. The front gets a deep split frame grille with the signature Qoros mesh. The air intakes rise slightly and the fog lamps and grille edges are wrapped in chrome. The head lamp assembly gets daytime LED running lights. The side mirrors have LED turn indicators integrated in them. There is a prominent line going along the door handles from the front to the back and a chrome strip running the entire length of the doors. The car gets flared wheel arches and 16 inch wheels adding to the bold look. The posterior gets small compact lights which wrap around the corners and are located high up giving it an agile, sporty look.
A 3.5 inch TFT colour display gives out important information like remaining fuel range and next turn direction from the navigation system
The engine options are 1.6 litres, four cylinders with naturally aspirated and turbo variants. The normally aspirated power plant delivers 127PS and maximum torque of 155Nm kicking in at 3900rpm. The engine is paired to a six-speed manual transmission which allows the car to accelerate from 0-100kmph in 11.6 seconds.
The turbo charged petrol unit gives out 158PS and 210Nm of torque between a broad rev range of 1750-5000rpm, giving it good claimed urban drivability. Transmission is a six-speed dual clutch automatic. This turbo engine does the 0-100km/h sprint in 9.7 seconds and has a top speed of 210km/h.
The luggage capacity is 403 litres and with the 60:40 rear seats folded it increases to 1105 litres
The suspension setup is Macpherson strut at the front and OMEGA shaped twist beam at the rear. The steering is an electronically assisted rack and pinion system which allows for precise turns and improved feedback from the road.
The interior gets standard features like the Qoros MMH system (multimedia hub with 8 inch touch screen), Qoros cloud (Social and phone connectivity system) and Bluetooth for hands free calling and wireless music streaming. A 3.5 inch TFT colour display gives out important information like remaining fuel range and next turn direction from the navigation system. Entertainment is provided by a 100 watt, four speaker audio system. An anti-theft alarm and immobilizer system gives the owner peace of mind. The luggage capacity is 403 litres and with the 60:40 rear seats folded it increases to 1105 litres.
The car will be launched in China in the middle of 2014. The car will be manufactured alongside the Qoros 3 sedan at the company's plant in Changshu, China.
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India