GM India appoints Markus Sternberg as vice president, aftersales
General Motors India has appointed Markus Sternberg as vice president for aftersales. His appointment has been effective from January 1, 2016. Markus has over 26 years of global experience in the field of automobiles and engineering. His previous offices at General Motors include that of regional manager, parts and service, at GM USA and managing director for aftersales, at GM Korea.
Commenting on the new appointment, Kaher Kazem, president and managing director, GM India said, "The appointment of Markus further strengthens our commitment to the Indian market to offer world class vehicles along with delivering world class experience that our customers expect and deserve. Markus has a consistent record of high performance and brings in valuable knowledge of customer needs and preferences. We welcome him to GM India and are confident that his understanding of the business and international experience will be invaluable as we look to grow our presence in India."
Besides General Motors, Markus Sternberg has held various positions at Adam Opel AG, Vaxhall Motors. He moved to India from Germany where he held the position of director, customer services and executive director, customer experience, Europe at Opel/Vauxhall.
Commenting on his new role Markus Sternberg said, "I am very excited to take on this new responsibility at this important stage for GM in India. It will be truly exciting to take on the challenges in this new role. I feel confident that my past experience of working in the automotive space will support GM's growth strategy and long-term commitment to India."
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018