GM India begins recall of diesel variants of Sail sedan and UV-A
After recalling more than one lakh units of the Tavera MPV and taking stringent, GM has started recalls of the Sail sedan and UV-A diesel models.
GM is sending out mailers and letters to its customers asking them to bring in their diesel Sail sedan and UV-A models for quality upgradation.
Production of the cars was stopped around June due to some technical and quality issues, but was later restarted last month. The Sail recall, however, will not be as large as the Tavera. Petrol variants of the Sail and U-VA will not be affected by this recall.
2013 Chevrolet diesel
Last month, GM had started working on the Tavera recall with dealerships to replace the catalytic converter in affected vehicles. The fuel pipe were also to be changed in some of the cars.
"We have identified the problem and the dealers have been informed on the issue to change the required spare part. The entire exercise would take around 35-45 minutes at the service station and would be performed free of charge," said Balendran.
These recalls have spurred the government to launch a probe, and in-turn, GM has started investigating the Indian wings of its vital departments like engineering, quality, compliance and production and has already sacked a number of top GM India officials.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.79 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFuel prices in India at record high, petrol reaches Rs 84.70 per litre while diesel priced at Rs 72.48 per litre
- NewsHyundai India to hike prices of its cars by 2 per cent from June 2018
- NewsSkoda Karoq based Volkswagen Tharu SUV shown in China, to compete with Hyundai Creta
- NewsTata Indica and Indigo eCS production discontinued in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG E 53 mild hybrid sedan shown internationally
- FeaturesTeam India hones their skills for the BMW GS Trophy
- News2018 Formula Junior Racing Series: Bala Prasath crowned champion
- NewsAudi working on long range EVs for India, aiming for a 2020 launch
- FeaturesProduct review: Ixon RS Moto HP gloves
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Lexus LX 570 flagship SUV