GM India suspends production of Sail U-VA, sedan and Tavera BS3
2013 Chevrolet diesel
General Motors India has reportedly suspended production of the recently launched Sail U-VA hatchback and Sail sedan due to some quality issues. While the nature of the 'issue' is unclear, only the diesel variants fitted with the 1.3-litre SDE SMARTECH diesel engine have been affected. Production of the BS3 variant of the Tavera MUV also has been stopped due to some performance and emission issues. A Chevrolet official confirmed to us that there are indeed some issues with the production of these vehicles and that there will be an official statement within a few days. The official also said that these issues aren't a potential safety hazard.
GM India recently launched the Enjoy MPV, which is also fitted with the same 77PS 1.3-litre diesel. The company however, hasn't stopped production of the new MPV. Last month, GM sold 8500 vehicles in all which includes 2851 units of the Sail and 1475 of the Tavera. A dealer whom we spoke to had no idea about the issue but sounded very eager to push us to buy the Sail petrol, offering a delivery in two weeks.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.79 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium