GM starts production of BS3 Tavera in India
GM India has started production of the BS3 Tavera. The company's vice-president P Balendran recently confirmed that they have got the go-ahead for manufacturing 7-10 seater versions of the BS3 Tavera. Approvals for the BS4 Tavera are expected to follow suit soon. A few months ago, GM had stopped productions of the Taveras as also diesel variants of the Sail U-VA and Sail sedan. The company had also sacked various top officials with regards to the same issue. Production though was resumed for the Sail twins last month. GM had also issued recalls for the Tavera and Sail to rectify the "emission issues".
GM had recalled nearly 1.44 lakh units of the Tavera for fixing the emission issues, the likes of which were done free of cost at authorized GM workshops. The Tavera is GM's mainstay in India with the MUV once upon a time giving a tough fight to the Innova.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium