Goodwood Festival of Speed 2015: Lamborghini confirms Aventador Superveloce Roadster
The Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 Superveloce is at the moment the most mental car you can buy from the Italian company. Actually, you can't because all 600 of them have already been sold. Now though, suave Lamborghini CEO, Stephan Winklemann, has announced at the Goodwood FoS that the company will also build a convertible version of the supercar.
Production will be set at 500 units and you can lay your hands on one if you're quick enough and if you have an obscene amount of money (the original Aventador Roadster cost about Rs 6 crore on road in India when it was launched and you can expect this one to cost significantly more if Lamborghini offers it here). Basically an Aventador with 50PS more and 50kg shaved off the kerb weight, the Superveloce or SV is a car that begs to be unleashed on a racetrack where it can scare its driver silly.
It's safe to expect that the Roadster will offer the same 6.5-litre naturally aspirated V12 masterpiece in 750PS/690Nm that revs upto 8,500rpm. The hard top SV has a dry weight of 1,525kg but going by the standard Aventador siblings we expect an addition of about 50kg for the convertible. The chassis should remain the same as the hard top with its race derived pushrod suspension. As with the standard Aventador Roadster, the roof mechanism will comprise removeable carbon-fibre panels that will be stowed in the front luggage compartment.
For more stories on the Goodwood Festival of Speed, click here.
Starts Rs 4.78 Crore
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019