Goodyear launches the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre range in India
Goodyear India has launched the Assurance TripleMax 2 (ATM 2) range of tyres in India, available in 14, 15, and 16 inch sizes. The Assurance TripleMax 2 builds on the first iteration of the ATM tyre, with HydroTred technology and more comfort, safety and performance. The HydroTred technology implements additional adhesive resins in the compound, apart from an asymmetric tread pattern for improved braking performance in the wet. Stopping distances in the wet are claimed to be up to 5.6m shorter compared to rivals. Further, the narrower shoulder grooves, cavity design and reduced noise inducing edges lead to improved handling and comfort. The Assurance TripleMax 2 is also said to have better resistance to impacts, with stronger materials and sidewall construction.
PK Walia, VP Consumer Tyres, Goodyear India introduces the Assurance TripleMax 2 tyre
The launch of the tyre coincides with the 120th anniversary of Goodyear also celebrating their innovations through the years from the first tyre on the moon to the first tubeless radials in India.
Goodyear India has launched the Assurance TripleMax 2 range of tyres in India, available in 14, 15, and 16-inch sizes
The Assurance TripleMax 2 is currently available in the following sizes: 175/65 R14, 175/70 R14, 185/65 R14, 185/70 R14, 175/65 R15, 185/60 R15, 195/60 R15, 195/65 R15 and 205/55 R16. One more size option is set to be launched by November 2018, 185/55 R16
Goodyear India has launched the Assurance TripleMax 2 range of tyres in India, available in14, 15 and 16 inch sizes
In addition, we've been told that pricing will remain very close to the outgoing Assurance TripleMax range. Life expectancy and mileage too will compare favourably to the ATM 1, though a stickier compound has been used. For reference, all tests were carried out at an independent testing facility TÜV SÜD using Assurance TripleMax 2 tyres sized 205/55 R16, against leading competitor brands in the European market.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show