Google Maps now allows iOS users to change vehicle icons during navigation
Google Maps has added a new feature to its iOS app which lets users change the standard arrowhead seen during navigation into a vehicle icon. Three options are available: a red sedan, a green pickup truck, and a yellow minivan.
The feature was announced in a tweet by a user experience engineer with the Google Maps team. Users can activate this feature by tapping on the blue navigation arrowhead and then choosing from the options available. This becomes the default icon until the user changes it again and functions exactly like how the arrow would.
While Android and desktop users do not get this feature, this addition is quite similar to the Mario Day easter egg Google Maps launched some time ago.
Google Maps has become increasingly ingrained in the routine of many road users of late and has launched features like a two-wheeler specific mode. This feature is a good novelty addition to what is a very functional application to begin with and should help make the daily commute a bit more interesting.
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh