Grand i10 Nios hatchback production begins ahead of its global launch on August 20
Grand i10 Nios - the third-generation Hyundai i10 is being rolled off the company's assembly line. The company has commenced the production of the Grand i10 Nios ahead of its global launch on August 20.
The upcoming hatchback will be sold alongside the current Hyundai Grand i10, however, is expected to be positioned as a premium product over the current hatchback. However, the Grand i10 Nios will not eat into the Elite i20's segment. The prices are expected to be between Rs 5.5 lakh and 8 lakh, ex-showroom India. The bookings for the same have commenced for the token amount of Rs 11,000.
The engines on offer are expected to be the same 1.2-litre units. The 1,197cc 4-cylinder petrol motor that currently makes 83PS and 116Nm, and 1,186cc 3-cylinder diesel engine producing 75PS and 194Nm. Expect the engines to be BSVI compliant. The gearbox on offer will be the same 5-speed manual unit, however, a 5-speed automatic (Automated Manual Transmission) will be on offer as well.
Commenting on the first production roll-out, S S Kim, MD and CEO, Hyundai Motor India Ltd. said, "This is a proud moment for us at Hyundai, with over 2.7 million happy customers worldwide, the i10 brand (i10 and Grand i10) has been one of the most loved hatchback. And today we are set to create history again with the Global First - roll-out of third generation Grand i10 Nios, which will set new benchmarks in the hatchback segment while creating Brilliant Ownership experience for our customers."
Also see: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios | First Drive Review
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block