GST cess update: Tata Hexa and Tata Safari Storme prices raised by up to Rs 96,000
Tata Motors has increased the prices of its SUVs the Hexa and the Safari Storme in accordance with the raised tax on SUVs announced by the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council. Following the GST Council announcement on increasing cess depending on class of vehicle, SUVs now attract a total tax incidence 50 per cent. With this in mind. Tata Motors has raised the prices of the Tata Hexa in the range of Rs 77,000 to Rs 96,000, and on the Tata Safari Storme in the range of Rs 67,000 to Rs 86,000. This announcement comes just days before the festive season, when there is a rush to purchase new cars and motorcycles in India. Other manufacturers including Hyundai, Toyota, and FCA which sells the Jeep Compass in India have also announced their increased car prices recently.
Prices on different variants of Tata Hexa have been raised in the range of Rs 77,000 and Rs 96,000.
The Tata Hexa which costs Rs 10.64 lakh for the base XE MT was being offered on a Rs 1.04 lakh discount and its top-end XT MT 4x4 variant priced at Rs 16.24 lakh (both prices ex-showroom, Delhi) had a Rs 2.17 lakh discount. This discount was being offered when GST was initially implemented July this year, and manufacturers were passing the benefit of lower tax onto customers. However, with the cess on SUVs being increased by 7 per cent on SUVs, Tata has raised the prices of its two large offerings. The cess was initially to be increased to 25%, but the council limited this to 22 per cent.
Starts Rs 10.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign
- NewsPorsche buys 10% stake in EV supercar-maker Rimac
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Grand Pitstop paddock stand
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions