GST effect: 2017 Royal Enfield Classic prices revised
The GST has finally come into existence wherein the intention is make it into one nation one tax. Previously, the collective tax levied included 12.5 per cent excise duty, 12.5 per cent VAT, 2 per cent CST (Central Sales Tax) and 1 per cent NCCD (National Calamity Contingent Duty). This made total of approximately 30.2 per cent. According to the new GST update, the duty of 30.2 per cent has been reduced to 28 per cent for two-wheelers with a displacement less than 350cc.
Following this motorcycle manufacturers like TVS and Yamaha have decided to reduce prices of its commuter and premium offerings. Since most of their mainstream offerings are below 350cc, the prices of this range has been brought down. Chennai based Royal Enfield too has reduced the price of its most popular motorcycle, the Classic 350. It has a displacement of 346cc and hence the price has been reduced from Rs 1,37,478 to Rs 1,35,557, a reduction of Rs 1,921. It should be noted that the prices of automobiles will alter also depending on the VAT (Value added tax) applicable as per that particular state. This can be seen with the increased prices of Rs 459 for the Classic 350 in Delhi.
Whereas the prices of the Royal Enfield Classic 500 have gone up from Rs 1,74,631 to Rs. 1,75,870, an increase of Rs 1,239. In Delhi, the same has increased by Rs 4,264 at Rs 1,75,687 from the previous 1,71,423. The increase in prices for higher displacement (>350cc) is because of the higher duty of 31 per cent. To understand the detailed breakdown of the GST prices, click here.
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055