GST effect: GST will accelerate market demand, Roy Kurian, Yamaha India
The GST finally came into effect across different sectors in India. The prices of various automobiles too have been affected by the new tax structure. The GST structure has replaced the central excise duty and service taxes that are collected by the central government. It can be seen as an indirect tax that intends to bring the country under a unified structure that will be applicable on manufacturers as well as service providers. While the previous taxation system included the excise duty, various forms of cess, VAT and NCCD, Goods and Services Tax (GST) will have only one tax and a certain percentage of cess. To understand how the prices have been altered across segment, here is our detailed GST breakdown. Here is Yamaha India's reaction on the new update.
"Yamaha welcomes the change through one nation, one market and one tax. It is quite likely that in the long run, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) will accelerate market demand as growth rate is expected to be around 10 per cent after the implementation. On top of that, the market sentiment is optimistic, which may eventually lead to the assumed potential of the market which was debated during the implementation phase. Two-wheeler industry has come through several macroeconomic reforms this year like the engine standard upgrades and the transitory effect of demonetisation which has affected the growth. What remains to be seen is how the implementation of GST will change the game," said Roy Kurian, senior vice president - sales and marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review
- NewsKia Motors India donates Niro Hybrid, Niro PHEV and Niro EV to Andhra Government, signs MoU
- NewsWatch the Skoda Scala hatchback's international debut here live