GST effect: GST will accelerate market demand, Roy Kurian, Yamaha India
The GST finally came into effect across different sectors in India. The prices of various automobiles too have been affected by the new tax structure. The GST structure has replaced the central excise duty and service taxes that are collected by the central government. It can be seen as an indirect tax that intends to bring the country under a unified structure that will be applicable on manufacturers as well as service providers. While the previous taxation system included the excise duty, various forms of cess, VAT and NCCD, Goods and Services Tax (GST) will have only one tax and a certain percentage of cess. To understand how the prices have been altered across segment, here is our detailed GST breakdown. Here is Yamaha India's reaction on the new update.
"Yamaha welcomes the change through one nation, one market and one tax. It is quite likely that in the long run, the Goods and Services Tax (GST) will accelerate market demand as growth rate is expected to be around 10 per cent after the implementation. On top of that, the market sentiment is optimistic, which may eventually lead to the assumed potential of the market which was debated during the implementation phase. Two-wheeler industry has come through several macroeconomic reforms this year like the engine standard upgrades and the transitory effect of demonetisation which has affected the growth. What remains to be seen is how the implementation of GST will change the game," said Roy Kurian, senior vice president - sales and marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt.
Starts Rs 1,19,335
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Desert Storm: Abhishek Mishra extends his lead after SS5
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India