GST effect: Hyundai India increases prices of its cars
Hyundai India has announced a price hike across its range effective from September 11, 2017 due to the recent change in the GST structure for cars. The price hike is in the range of 2-5 per cent and affects the Hyundai Elite i20, Verna, Elantra and Tucson. The Hyundai Grand i10, Eon and Xcent prices remain unchanged.
Prices of the new Hyundai have gone up by around Rs 29,000
While prices of the Hyundai Elite i20 have been increased by Rs 12,457 on the 1.4-litre petrol automatic, other trim prices haven't changed. The reason is that the 90PS 1.4-litre engine doesn't fall under the 1.2-litre cap for sub-4m petrol vehicles and hence attracts extra cess. Prices of the freshly launched Hyundai Verna have been increased by up to Rs 29,090 while the hike for the Hyundai Creta's prices range between Rs 20,900-55,375. The premium Hyundai Elantra's prices have now increased by Rs 50,312 - 75,991 and the Hyundai Tucson's by Rs 64,828 - 84,867.
It is expected that other manufacturers too will announce a price hike in the coming days.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.92 Lakhs
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India