GST effect: Maruti Suzuki's take on the new taxation regulation in India
The new tax regulations for the auto industry have been laid down by the Government of India. While the previous taxation system included the excise duty, various forms of cess, VAT and NCCD, Goods and Service Tax (GST) will have only one tax and a certain percentage of cess. While many have applauded this decision, some manufacturers have expressed disappointment based on the portfolio of cars they sell in India. Depending on whether its a small car or even for that matter hybrids, the prices have either gone up or increased significantly. While you can read more about how GST impacts the automotive sector overall on this link Here is what Maruti Suzuki has to say on the subject.
" The ex-showroom prices of Maruti Suzuki models have come down by upto 3%. The rate of reduction varies across locations depending on the VAT rates applicable prior to GST. Owing to withdrawal of tax concessions on mild hybrid vehicles, the price of Smart Hybrid Ciaz diesel and Smart Hybrid Ertiga diesel has increased."
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
- News2018 Beijing Auto Show: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod
- ReviewTVS Apache RR 310 vs KTM RC 390 comparison test
- NewsAutomobile events this week: April 23 - 29