GST effect: GST will create a single market across India, Roland Folger, Mercedes-Benz India
The GST has unified the tax structure. Long gone are the different taxes which combined to form a final value that was attached to your automobile. Now, cars with a displacement of more than 1,500cc and a length greater than 4m have become cheaper as the 51.8 per cent duty has been reduced to 43 per cent. Similar is the case with SUVs which will attract a lower duty of 43 per cent instead of the present 55.3 per cent. With the different structures proposed across the segments, it did attract mixed reactions from the Indian automobile fraternity. However, for the customers, it has been a welcome change.
Here is an update from Mercedes-Benz about the 2017 GST.
"Mercedes-Benz India was the first luxury carmaker which has been passing to the consumers the direct GST benefits since 26th May. We are looking forward to this simplified tax structure which will create a single market across India and benefit both the buyers and the sellers. There may be initial teething issues but we are confident that there will be promising long-term gains. We are encouraged with the rising inquiries and increased footfall at our dealerships and are confident of continuing with our positive growth momentum," said Roland Folger, managing director and CEO, MB India.
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.33 Crore
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know