Hankook reveals fifth prototype of its iFlex airless tyre
Korean tyre maker Hankook revealed the fifth prototype of their non-pneumatic tyre called the iFlex. The prototype is said to have successfully completed testing the ride, handling, and high-speed driving capabilities.
So far, only Michelin and Polaris have brought out their airless tyres for the commercial market. The Michelin Tweel is available on commercial vehicles such as skid loaders and large lawn mowers, while Polaris is offering them on their heavy duty ATV called the Sportsman WV850 H.O. Terrain Armour. Michelin developed the Tweel indigenously while Polaris developed its version after their defense division acquired Resilient Technologies, a company that specialises in the development of non-pneumatic tyres.
The Polaris Sportsman WV850 H.O. Terrain Armour with airless tyres
Hankook however aims to make this technology available to the passenger car market. The biggest change for this prototype is their manufacturing process. They've adopted a more environmentally friendly material that cuts down the manufacturing steps and so saves time, energy and money.
A skid loader using Michelin Tweels
- NewsSpec Comparo: Maruti Suzuki XL6 vs Honda BR-V vs Renault Lodgy
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV launched in India - The prices start from Rs 9.69 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's some cars now offered with 5-year and 1 lakh kilometres standard warranty in India
- NewsLive Updates: Kia Seltos India launch updates, prices, details, features, variants, engines
- News2019 Isuzu D-max V-Cross pickup launched in India for the price of Rs 19.99 lakh