Hankook reveals fifth prototype of its iFlex airless tyre
Korean tyre maker Hankook revealed the fifth prototype of their non-pneumatic tyre called the iFlex. The prototype is said to have successfully completed testing the ride, handling, and high-speed driving capabilities.
So far, only Michelin and Polaris have brought out their airless tyres for the commercial market. The Michelin Tweel is available on commercial vehicles such as skid loaders and large lawn mowers, while Polaris is offering them on their heavy duty ATV called the Sportsman WV850 H.O. Terrain Armour. Michelin developed the Tweel indigenously while Polaris developed its version after their defense division acquired Resilient Technologies, a company that specialises in the development of non-pneumatic tyres.
The Polaris Sportsman WV850 H.O. Terrain Armour with airless tyres
Hankook however aims to make this technology available to the passenger car market. The biggest change for this prototype is their manufacturing process. They've adopted a more environmentally friendly material that cuts down the manufacturing steps and so saves time, energy and money.
A skid loader using Michelin Tweels
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019