Hardeep Singh Brar to head Great Wall Motors India as Director of Marketing and Sales
Great Wall Motors India appoints Hardeep Singh Brar as Director of Marketing and Sales. Brar will head the commercial operations that include Marketing, Sales, Dealer Development, Aftersales and Communication.
Brar has been in a part of the industry for over two decades and in that tenure, he has been associated with brands like Maruti Suzuki, Volkswagen, General Motors and Nissan Motors.
This is GWM's second appointment to the India Leadership Team, after Kaushik Ganguly was appointed as Director - Strategy and Planning last year when he had moved from Maruti Suzuki as the head of Product Planning.
Brar is a Harvard alumnus, a mechanical engineer from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Punjab and a marathoner and avid sports enthusiast.
Commenting at the appointment, Hardeep Singh Brar said, "I am excited to join the India operations of Great Wall Motors and eager to build & drive a vision & business strategy for the organization in India"
Earlier this month, Great Wall Motors and General Motors announced an agreement for the sale of GM India's Talegaon manufacturing facility near Pune to the Chinese carmaker. GWM vice president for global strategy Mr. Liu Xiangshang said the transaction would lay down the foundation of the company's plan to enter the Indian market.
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15