Harley-Davidson Deluxe launching in India on February 28
The Harley-Davidson Softail family of cruisers is set to welcome one more member in India, the all-new Deluxe. The Harley-Davidson Deluxe will be the fifth motorcycle in the Softail family in the country which currently includes the Street Bob, Fat Bob, Fat Boy and Heritage Classic. Just like its siblings, the Deluxe will be powered by Harley-Davidson's new generation Milwaukee 108 engine which displaces 107 cubic inches or 1745cc and offers 148Nm of peak torque.
The Harley-Davidson Deluxe is the newest addition to the Softail family in India and will slot in between the Fat Bob and Fat Boy
The Deluxe is an old-school cruiser motorcycle in terms of its design. It uses a large round headlamp with auxiliary lights along with wire-spoked wheels that are shod with white-walled tyres. In effect, the Deluxe is closer in appearance to the last generation Heritage Softail Classic. The Deluxe is aimed at someone wanting a cruiser motorcycle that isn't as modern looking as the new generation Softails that were launched last year, and wants a more retro-looking motorcycle. The Deluxe is on par with the Fat Boy and Heritage Classic in terms of specifications and features and is thoroughly modern under its skin. It comes equipped with the Showa Dual Bending Valve (SDBV) forks upfront that have been received warmly for the improvements they brings in terms of handling as also the ride comfort.
The Harley-Davidson Deluxe is powered by the same, Milwaukee 107 engine as the Fat Bob, Fat Boy and Heritage Classic
At the rear the Deluxe, just like the rest of the new generation Softails, benefits from the use of a single under-seat coil-over shock absorber that replaces the dual shocks used on older Softails. Keyless ignition and ABS will be available as standard. We have ridden the new generation Fat Bob and Fat Boy in India and we expect the Deluxe to boast similar comfort levels while offering the old-world charm of a traditional looking cruiser. The Deluxe will slot in between the Fat Bob and Fat Boy in the Softail family and we expect it to be priced around Rs 16 lakh ex-showroom when launched on February 28. Stay tuned to know more.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled