Harley-Davidson India dealerships to sell pre-owned motorcycles soon
Harley-Davidson has been reaping the fruits of its early entry into the big bike market in India. Now, the American motorcycle manufacturer plans to pioneer the sale of pre-owned motorcycles from its dealerships across India. Harley-Davidson India managing director Peter MacKenzie has stated that the company has already begun testing the used motorcycle sales concept on a pilot basis at some of its dealerships in the country. These dealerships have been piloting it for the past few months, and Harley-Davidson India is close to rolling out the programme pan-India, he said. We recently rode the 2018 Harley-Davidson Forty Eight Special and the Iron 1200.
2018 Harley Davidson Forty Eight Special and Iron 1200
Explaining the idea behind this, MacKenzie said that the used bike business will enable the company to attract more customers. "Secondly, to enable people, perhaps who cannot afford a new Harley-Davidson, but at least get the right Harley-Davidson experience through an authorised dealership," he said.
Harley-Davidson aims to attract more customers, who may not be able to afford a new motorcycle, with the pre-owned bike concept
MacKenzie was speaking at the opening of the country's 27th Harley-Davidson dealership, Marina Harley-Davidson at Nungambakkam, Chennai. The company plans to open three more, taking the total to 30 dealerships in India by the end of 2018. To increase the brand's connect, Harley-Davidson India will also be opening up more apparel stores in shopping malls.
Starts Rs 10,50,000
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire