Harley-Davidson India dealerships to sell pre-owned motorcycles soon
Harley-Davidson has been reaping the fruits of its early entry into the big bike market in India. Now, the American motorcycle manufacturer plans to pioneer the sale of pre-owned motorcycles from its dealerships across India. Harley-Davidson India managing director Peter MacKenzie has stated that the company has already begun testing the used motorcycle sales concept on a pilot basis at some of its dealerships in the country. These dealerships have been piloting it for the past few months, and Harley-Davidson India is close to rolling out the programme pan-India, he said. We recently rode the 2018 Harley-Davidson Forty Eight Special and the Iron 1200.
2018 Harley Davidson Forty Eight Special and Iron 1200
Explaining the idea behind this, MacKenzie said that the used bike business will enable the company to attract more customers. "Secondly, to enable people, perhaps who cannot afford a new Harley-Davidson, but at least get the right Harley-Davidson experience through an authorised dealership," he said.
Harley-Davidson aims to attract more customers, who may not be able to afford a new motorcycle, with the pre-owned bike concept
MacKenzie was speaking at the opening of the country's 27th Harley-Davidson dealership, Marina Harley-Davidson at Nungambakkam, Chennai. The company plans to open three more, taking the total to 30 dealerships in India by the end of 2018. To increase the brand's connect, Harley-Davidson India will also be opening up more apparel stores in shopping malls.
Starts Rs 10,50,000
- NewsHero Xtreme 200R: Three things that we love and three we don't
- NewsRoyal Enfield Classic 500 Pegasus edition to launch in India on May 30
- FeaturesBetter riding: Heat wave
- NewsFerrai unveils SP38, a one-off inspired by the F40
- News2018 Mini Cooper S and Cooper D launched in India
- News2018 Volvo XC40: Image gallery
- NewsVolvo XC40 to be launched in India in the R-Design trim only
- NewsApple team up Volkswagen to use its T6 Transporter, equipped with its autonomous driving tech, as employee shuttles
- News100th handcrafted Bugatti Chiron rolled out
- FeaturesFeature: Celebrating 70 years of Land Rover