Harley-Davidson India launches the 1200 Custom in India at Rs 8.9 lakh
We'd guessed it earlier and now it's been confirmed. Harley-Davidson has launched the 1200 Custom in India today. The price is Rs 8.9 lakh ex-showroom Delhi. That's approximately Rs 22,000 less than the Forty-Eight. The 1200 Custom is part of the Sportster family. Harley-Davidson had earlier stopped selling the SuperLow and the 1200 Custom brings the Sportster count back to three - the Iron 883, the Forty-Eight.
The 1200 Custom is going to be assembled at Harley-Davidson India's plant in Bawal Haryana. Harley-Davidson currently produces one motorcycle, the Street 750 while assembling eight of its thirteen models in the India range. The fuel injected engine produces 96Nm at 3,500rpm and it works through a five-speed gearbox. The 1200 Custom, despite its 266kg kerb weight, is said to be a light and agile member of the Sporster family.
The 1200 Custom also changes the nature and position of the Sportster family. By removing the Rs 6.5 lakh SuperLow, Harley India has widened the gap between the Street 750 and the Sportster range. Earlier the gap was Rs 2 lakh but now the base Sporster is the Iron 883 at Rs 7.37 lakh. A bigger gap and a better 2016 model of the Street 750 should allow Harley to sell more Street 750s while allowing Sporster customers to enjoy a greater distinction.
Watch out for a first ride story tomorrow.
Image by Shubhabrata Marmar
More from OVERDRIVE on the latest unveils of Harley-Davidson
Starts Rs 10,75,000
Starts Rs 24,99,000
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip