Harley-Davidson Roadster unveiled
Harley-Davidson's Dark Custom lineup has just gotten a little bigger with the addition of this the new Roadster. What the new motorcycle borrows from the parts bin is the 1202cc, Evolution V-twin that Harley uses in several other motorcycles the 1200 Custom for example. The motor makes 103Nm of torque at 3,750rpm.
Harley has gone for a stripped down, racing custom inspired theme with the Roadster
Now, for the bits that are all new. Obviously, there is the styling. Harley has gone for a stripped down, racing custom inspired theme with the Roadster. So the fenders are cut short, the belt drive muffler guards are slotted , the handlebar is mounted lower and instead of the usual fully analog dials, there is a new analog tacho with a digital readout for speed and other information. What is more interesting is that there are some significant changes to the geometry of the motorcycle. The Roadster has a new steering rake angle of 28.9 degrees (for comparison this is over 1 degree more than the 1200 Custom) and new 43mm inverted front forks with triple rate springs. The rear suspension is also new and gets a screw type adjustment for preload.
The inverted 43mm front forks are new. so are the 300mm, twin, floating discs up front
The wheels are new lightweight numbers and help reduce unsprung weight. It gets better stopping power too with new 300mm, twin, floating discs up front. The footpegs are now mid-mounted, helping to centre the mass.
The Roadster's footpegs now mid-mounted, helping to centre the mass
As usual, there is a whole list of optional accessories that are already ready. Is it coming to India and when will it if it does? Harley-Davidson's new motorcycles usually arrive towards the end of the year when they announce their plans for MY2017. However, H-D never discusses their future plans till they have actually materialized. So, if they do decide to bring the motorcycle, it should arrive between post Diwali this year. And seeing as how the motorcycle will be a CKD unit, expect a price between Rs 9 and 9.2 lakh (ex-showroom).
Starts Rs 10,22,000
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic