Harley-Davidson Street 750 to get ABS in India
The Street 750 is the only Harley-Davidson to be produced as well as sold in the Indian market. The most affordable Harley, however, has had famously weak brakes from the off. The 2016-model year brought in better brakes. Now in 2017, Harley-Davidson is getting ready to offer ABS as standard equipment - this is going to be made mandatory shortly by the Indian government.
The other change in the Street 750 is the introduction of a standard new security system that allows one to operate the motorcycle key-free for the most part. Harley calls this its Smart Security System, a security fob. This system, Harley-Davidson India has confirmed is not coming to India. We assume me this is a cost issue more than anything else
Harley will introduce two new colours, according to the press release, and add a new logo medallion to the tank in solid colours.
The Harley-Davidson Street 750 is regarded as the most popular of the Indian Harleys in sales terms and is the most affordable. We expect Harley-Davidson to announce a modest rise in price - Rs 20,000 is our guess - when the new model goes on sale in India shortly.
There are not other mechanical changes to the Street 750 for the 2017-model year.
Update: Harley India just confirmed that the new security system will not be offered here. We believe this has got to do with the pricing of the motorcycles. Adding a security system will add to the costs and the Street 750 may lose its value for money proposition.
Starts Rs 5,17,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept