Harley-Davidson to come up with a more affordable 338cc motorcycle by end 2020
A leaked document confirms that the American motorcycle manufacturer, Harley-Davidson will come up with an affordable 338cc capacity motorcycle. Given its displacement, the upcoming Harley-Davidson motorcycle is most likely to be the entry-level product in the Harley-Davidson family undercutting the Street 750 and could make a global debut by end of this year.
The smaller capacity motorcycle is a product of the partnership between Harley-Davidson and the Chinese motorcycle maker, Qianjiang, which is the mother company to Benelli. That said, the upcoming smaller capacity Harley-Davidson is most likely to borrow the underpinnings from Benelli. The platform and the mechanicals that could spawn the next-generation of the Benelli TNT300 could also underpin the new 338cc Harley-Davidson.
The current generation of the Benelli TNT300 makes 38.26PS at 11,500rpm and 26.5Nm of torque at 10,000rpm from a 300cc parallel-twin engine. The next generation could see a hike in displacement and the specifications could go north of the current figures. However, there is no confirmation from both the manufacturers' but similar treatment is expected to the Harley-Davidson 338cc motorcycle.
Expect the smaller capacity Harley-Davidson to be priced close to Rs 3-3.5 lakh ex-showroom ballpark and could debut in India by Early 2021.
Image Source - Car and Bike
- OpinionWhy the price difference between the Skoda Karoq and VW T-Roc?
- NewsF1 2020: Races to go ahead even if a driver tests positive for COVID-19
- NewsWorld Environment Day: Hyundai India emphasises on green mobility services adopted at dealerships
- News2020 Mini Countryman facelift unveiled globally
- NewsVolvo reports a 25.5 per cent drop in global sales in May 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!