Harley-Davidson trademarks Bronx, 48X and Pan America for upcoming motorcycles
Harley-Davidson has trademarked the names Bronx, 48X and Pan America for its upcoming motorcycles. These names were registered last month and are expected to be names of the models that will arrive till 2020.
The 48X could be based on the brand's popular offering, the Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight. It is being said that the new Harley-Davidson 48X will come with updated brakes and suspension to take on the likes of new Indian Scout Bobber and the Triumph Bobber Black. Additionally, the motor doing duty in the Forty-Eight too will be upgraded for it to meet the Euro 5 emission standards that will come into existence from January 2020. Similar to the Milwaukee-Eight, this might result in the addition of four valve heads to the motor.
The other offering, the Harley-Davidson Bronx is believed to be targeted towards the urban rider. The bigger speculation about the Harley-Davidson Bronx is that it might end up replacing the Iron 883, something that we need to see in the coming months. Considering that Harley-Davidson has been actively updating its Touring and Softail range, this time the brand is expected to focus more on the Sportster range. The Harley-Davidson Pan America too could replace the 1200T by being a Sportster based tourer with more features and additions like that in the new Sport Glide.
Harley-Davidson has still not let out any official information on these three new motorcycles, Bronx, 48X and Pan America. However, considering the deadline to use the applied trademarks exists for 36-months, these machines should arrive till 2020.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
Starts Rs 9,45,000
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT
- NewsImage gallery: Vazirani Automotive showcases Shul, India's first hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed