Harley-Davidson trademarks Bronx, 48X and Pan America for upcoming motorcycles
Harley-Davidson has trademarked the names Bronx, 48X and Pan America for its upcoming motorcycles. These names were registered last month and are expected to be names of the models that will arrive till 2020.
The 48X could be based on the brand's popular offering, the Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight. It is being said that the new Harley-Davidson 48X will come with updated brakes and suspension to take on the likes of new Indian Scout Bobber and the Triumph Bobber Black. Additionally, the motor doing duty in the Forty-Eight too will be upgraded for it to meet the Euro 5 emission standards that will come into existence from January 2020. Similar to the Milwaukee-Eight, this might result in the addition of four valve heads to the motor.
The other offering, the Harley-Davidson Bronx is believed to be targeted towards the urban rider. The bigger speculation about the Harley-Davidson Bronx is that it might end up replacing the Iron 883, something that we need to see in the coming months. Considering that Harley-Davidson has been actively updating its Touring and Softail range, this time the brand is expected to focus more on the Sportster range. The Harley-Davidson Pan America too could replace the 1200T by being a Sportster based tourer with more features and additions like that in the new Sport Glide.
Harley-Davidson has still not let out any official information on these three new motorcycles, Bronx, 48X and Pan America. However, considering the deadline to use the applied trademarks exists for 36-months, these machines should arrive till 2020.
Starts Rs 11,99,000
Starts Rs 9,45,000
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class sedan image leaked ahead of Beijing debut
- NewsAuto China 2018: All-new Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept teaser out
- NewsSIAM and Ministry of Road Transport and Highways kick-off road safety week
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen I. D. R Pikes Peak hill climb prototype racer revealed
- NewsUniform road tax across states soon, plans the central government
- NewsBMW 8 Series spotted testing in convertible form
- News2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 being offered at Rs 20,000 discount by dealership
- NewsHonda Monkey 125 confirmed for production
- NewsSpec comparo: Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S vs Harley-Davidson Street Rod
- ReviewTVS Apache RR 310 vs KTM RC 390 comparison test