Harley-Davidson Forty Eight Special and Street Glide launching in India on March 14
Harley-Davidson India will be firing its first salvo for 2019 in the form of not one but two new model launches. The American cruiser maker will bring in the 2019 Forty-Eight Special and 2019 Street Glide Special in India on March 14. Both motorcycles were unveiled internationally last year as a part of Harley Davidson's plan to launch 100 motorcycles in the next five years.
The 2019 Harley-Davidson Forty Eight Special gets no mechanical changes as compared to the standard Forty-Eight on sale in India but what sets the Special apart are the raised handlebars and a colour scheme with 70's style stripes. The bike is powered by the same 1,202cc, air-cooled V-twin engine which produces 96Nm of torque that is mated to a five-speed transmission.
The 2019 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special is a touring motorcycle and is powered by the H-D's Milwaukee-Eight 114 engine that displaces 1,868cc and offers a gut-wrenching 165Nm. The 2019 Street Glide Special comes equipped with a 6.5 inch touchscreen equipped infotainment system that allows you to shuffle between information about the weather and music. The Street Glide Special will come in via the CBU route and is expected to be priced upwards of Rs 30 lakh ex-showroom and will rival bikes like the Indian Chieftain, Moto Guzzi MGX-21, BMW K1600 GTL and Honda Gold Wing. The Forty Eight Special will come in via the CKD route like the standard model and is expected to be priced around Rs 11.5 lakh ex-showroom and will rub shoulders with the Indian Scout Sixty and Triumph Bonneville Speed Master.
Starts Rs 10,61,000
Starts Rs 32,99,000
Starts Rs 30,53,000
Starts Rs 21,29,500
Starts Rs 12,69,500
Starts Rs 12,15,800
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- NewsMG Hector Plus bookings open in India, specifications and features revealed
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block